BEST ELLIPTICAL MACHINE REVIEWS
Are you looking for a high quality, low impact cardio workout that is easy on your joints? Elliptical machine bring the gym to your home and provide a full body workout.
Whether you are looking for the best elliptical trainer ? All that said, finding the right elliptical machine can be a challenge. There are a lot of great options and a lot of features to consider.
Our aim is to help you find the best elliptical machine that fits your goals, budget, and lifestyle. Additionally, you’ll find links to our full elliptical reviews to help you get a more in-depth understanding of each model.
Who is the elliptical trainer for?
Since very human being needs good health, I would say the elliptical machine is for everyone. However, some people enjoy nature’s protection at young ages up to 30 years, but if you are in the following category, you need an elliptical machine if you can afford it.
- People above 30 years and desire athletic body form
- Busy people with mental/physical energy-demanding work
- You experience stress
- For the fat people wanting to shed some excess weight
- You need improvement in your health
- If you are a nursing mother and need your fitness back
- Want to look and remain young without living on medication
TOP BEST ELLIPTICAL TRAINER REVIEWS
Best Elliptical for Home Use – Bowflex Max Trainer M5
- One of the top quality trainers in our history of testing that allows for total body exercise with zero impact on the joints.
- The Machine has up to sixteen resistance levels and supports up to two user profiles for the ultimate workout experience.
As a fitness enthusiast, you can relate to how much hype most fitness machine brands have as they tend to promise better results but fail to deliver or meet your expectations. The good news is, the Bowflex Max Trainer M5 isn’t just about the hype as it actually gets the job done. It’s a sleek looking, powerful machine that perfect for anyone who wants to do a number of exercises in one workout and lose weight in the fastest possible way.
The Bowflex M5 is the perfect choice for you regardless of whether you’re a professional or amateur fitness enthusiast. The good thing is, you can achieve multiple fitness goals in one workout! What you should know is the M5 doesn’t promise an easy workout, but it offers just about everything you need to stay motivated. Beginners can opt for one or two of the many resistance levels it offers as well as other “practical preset workout programs.”
To sum it up, the Bowflex Max Trainer M5 is chock full of features that are sure to help you achieve your fitness goals in the shortest possible time and the zero impact it offers is a big plus. So now what? Well, it’s time to get the ultimate workout experience! Just be sure to give the Bowflex M5 a shot — it’s totally worth the investment.
- burn up to 2.5 times MORE calories in about 14 minutes
- 16 resistance levels to keep it challenging
- comes with a backlit console and is Bluetooth capable
- Eight workout programs built-in
- Includes 8 week subscription to Daily Burn, offering 600+ workout videos
- more compact than other ellipticals, taking up less space.
- Zero impact on your joints
- easily tone your upper body in addition to your legs
- Great design and Water bottle holder
- Full coverage just two years
- More expensive than the lower-rated M3 ,but less expensive than the M7
back to menu ↑
Bowflex Max Trainer M7 Review
- A top quality machine that’s capable of saving up to four user profiles.
- Burns more calories without stressing the joints — It only takes 14 minutes to get the job done, and you can opt to keep fit in just 7 minutes!
The Bowflex Max Trainer M7 happens to be the leader of the pack of super effective fitness machines — it’s the new Bowflex for 2017. It sits at the top of the Max Trainer series that includes the M3 and M5. The M7 is the perfect alternative to treadmills and ellipticals thanks to the zero impact it has on your joints — this is one thing that makes it stand out from other cardio trainers on the market.
The best part? The trainer also comes with higher resistance levels and additional training programs — up to 20 resistance levels and 11 preset workouts! The Max Trainer M7 also burns more calories in just 14 minutes! You can also choose to keep fit in half time — just stick to what works for your body. The M7 is also capable of saving up to four user profiles, so it’s sure to work great for households with shared workout rooms. Lastly, the Bowflex Max Trainer M7 can wirelessly measure your heart rate and instantly sync the data with a fitness app. The three-year warranty is also a big plus. The bottom line? Don’t hesitate to get your hands on the M7 if you got the bill!
- 20 levels of resistance
- Preset Workout Variety (11 programs)
- Zero Impact on Joints
- Wireless Heart Rate Monitoring
- Motion Traxx Workouts (4)
- Four User Profiles
- Syncs with Bowflex Fitness App
- Premium Grips
- Premium Pedals
- Water Bottle Holder
- Compact Machine Size
- Three-year warranty
- Assembly time
- High price
back to menu ↑
Elliptigo 8C Elliptical Bike Review
- One of the most functional elliptical outdoor bikes that have up to 8 levels of resistance as well as a 306% total gear range.
- The bike has a sprinting speed of 25 mph coupled with an average cruising speed of 15 mph.
The ElliptiGo 8C offers trainees a fun and exciting way to get an excellent outdoor workout. It’s the mid-level model of outdoor bikes from ElliptiGo that gives users the opportunity to navigate more advanced terrain without sacrificing comfort or functionality. The 8C gives users the ability to choose from up to eight resistance levels which happen to be better than the three resistance levels that come with the 3C. This elliptical bike is also capable of going up to 25 mph, and it also has an average cruising speed of 15 mph. Moreover, users will also get to climb to a 20% to 30% grade, and that’s super.
The 8C also comes with a 306% total gear range which gives users the ability to travel over three times as fast for the same pedaling speed. The bike also features an adjustable steering column and removable front wheel. Removing the steering column will shorten the trainer to 32 inches but removing the front wheel will make the trainer to be only 27 inches tall — this makes it great for indoor use and storage. The ElliptiGo 8C also features the Ergon GC3 multi-position grips that are not just super comfortable but are also in perfect reach. The ElliptiGo 8C is a challenging and fun outdoor elliptical trainer that’s sure to give you the best bang for your buck. So don’t hesitate to get yours if it fits your budget!
- Workout Resistance Selection with 8 levels
- Total gear range 306%, with 17% difference between levels
- Provides a full range of motion
- Ergon GC3 multi-position ergonomic grips with integral bar ends
- Indoor and Outdoor
- Maximum rider weight 250 lbs
- Noisier than a bike
- No water bottle holder
back to menu ↑
Stamina In Motion Review
- One of the best compact yet sturdily-made elliptical trainer that gets the job done while standing or sitting.
- Weighs only 24 pounds and fits perfectly under desk or table.
- The machine comes with an electronic motor which tracks strides, exercise time and calories burned.
The Stamina InMotion E1000 turns out to be an excellent option for people looking to burn calories while sitting around at work or at home. This compact, lightweight machine that weighs just 24 pounds is primarily designed for simple cardio workouts and nothing more. The machine can be used either sitting or standing, and you can choose to pedal forward or backward. The Stamina In-Motion E1000 doesn’t come with built-in workout programs or heart rate monitor, and that’s not much of a deal breaker since it comes with a fitness meter! The fitness meter tracks exercise time, number of strides, as well as the number of calories, burned.
This snazzy little trainer is perfect for trainees who do not weigh over 175lbs as well as those who are not so picky when it comes to stride length. The machine also gives trainees the chance to manually adjust the resistance to meet their specific needs, and that’s great. It also comes with non-slip pedals, and that’s a big plus. Overall, the Stamina InMotion which is priced below $100 is sure to provide a satisfactory workout experience without sacrificing space, and that’s great. So don’t hesitate to give it a shot if you’re totally okay with the nice features it offers.
- Awesome for the office and use at work
- Fits perfectly under desk
- Low-impact design protects back, knees, hips, and ankles
- Economic option
- Very easy to move around
- Really quiet
- Installation is very simple
- Really fun
- No arm movement
back to menu ↑
NordicTrack FreeStride Trainer FS7i Review
- One of the top trainers on the market that combine three machines in one — stepper, elliptical and treadmill.
- The FS7i has up to 24 levels of resistance and 35 built-in workout programs coupled with a power adjustable incline of up to 10 degrees.
The NordicTrack FreeStride Trainer FS7i is a top quality trainer that comes with features that are sure to deliver the most efficient workout possible. For starters, the elliptical trainer comes with an innovative 3 in 1 design which allows you to get the benefit of a stepper, treadmill and elliptical in one workout. It also features an impressive 38-inch auto adjustable stride which happens to be one of the longest you’ll find on any elliptical on the market.
The FreeStride Trainer FS7i also provide trainees with the option to choose from a 0 to 10-degree incline range — you only have to use the OneTouch ™ controls to adjust the stride angle to focus on each muscle group. The console of the trainer also features an impressive 7-inch web-enabled color touchscreen that features up to 35 built-in workout programs — you can be sure of achieving your fitness goals in no time. That’s not all! This machine also offers trainees 24 levels of resistance coupled with iFit capability. The iFit program is sure to come in handy when you need to access the plethora of workouts that use Google Maps. Other cool features include heart rate monitoring sensors (they’re built into handlebars), wireless chest strap, two-inch speakers as well as an iPod-compatible music port.
This trainer also comes with oversized pedals that are cushioned for comfort and safety. The best part? The FS7i is super easy to assemble — you can set it up in minutes! The manufacturer also offers a lifetime warranty on the motor and frame. There’s also a five years warranty on parts and two years on labor. All in all, this is a great trainer that’s sure to sculpt the lower body and offer excellent cardiovascular training. What’s more, there are FreeStride Trainer FS7i coupons available. Don’t hesitate to get your hands on the machine if you got the bill!
- It offers flexibility and efficient workout experience
- The angle of tilt of the stepper, the gait of treadmill and low-impact stride of elliptical offer focus on training certain area of the body to make the FS7i amazing
- Ease of assembly
- It’s great workout equipment for everyone
- The loud noise from the stop control pedal as they contact the roller can be a turn off for some trainers.
Sole E95 Elliptical Review
- One of the best club-quality ellipticals that gets the job done throughout our history of testing and reviews.
- Super quiet operation and excellent warranty that’s way beyond what’s offered by other companies.
The Sole E95 is the perfect choice for users who wish to get in shape without hitting the gym or joining a health club. The E95 provide trainees with super smooth, highly effective rides regardless of their skill levels. The good thing about this fitness machine is that it comes with club-quality components — so it’s more like having a commercial equipment in your home! For starters, the unit supports targeted muscle toning thanks to its 20 resistance and 20 incline levels. It also comes with an adjustable 20″ to 22″ stride as well as an excellent 30-pound flywheel — users can be sure of enjoying the smoothest possible ride.
The E95 also comes with a 10.1″ console screen which happens to be larger than the 7″ LCD screen on the E35. This elliptical supports up to 10 workout programs as well as a Bluetooth connection that allows users to share exercise stats with other fitness apps including MyFitnessPal and iHealth. Trainees can also use the Bluetooth connection to turn their smartphone or tablet into a program monitor.
The E95 also has other features that motivate users to achieve their fitness goals including iPod compatibility, two cooling fans as well as a secure holder for a tablet computer. It also comes with a wireless chest strap for heart monitoring! The machine also has a quiet operation thanks to its top-notch construction and magnetic resistance. Just like the Sole E35, the E95 comes with a 5-year warranty on electronic parts and 2-year warranty on labor. The Sole E95 is an excellent option for anyone looking to perform at-home elliptical training, so we recommend getting your hands on it while you can.
- An adjustable 20″ to 22″ stride
- 30-pound flywheel
- Supports targeted muscle toning with 20 levels of incline
- 10.1” console screen
- Includes heart rate strap
- Bluetooth syncing with fitness apps including iHealth
- Tablet computer holder
- Compatible with MP3, has speakers
- Not compact design
- Stride is long for trainees with short strides
Sole Fitness E35 Elliptical Machine
- Top performing device that delivers a ride that’s ‘smoother than smooth’ and effective enough to sculpt your body.
- Compact size and Whisper quiet operation coupled with an excellent warranty on electronic parts and labor.
The Sole E35 Elliptical is a smooth and reliable machine that’s designed to make your elliptical workout super easy and comfortable. This tech-integrated trainer is an excellent fit for both beginners and intermediate trainees — people will get to sculpt the body and manage their weight without overworking their joints.
The main specs of the Sole E35 include a front drive design integrated with a high-quality 25-pound flywheel as well as a natural 20″ stride that allows for both forward and reverse motion. The machine also comes with a power-adjustable ramp that has up to 30 incline levels for targeted muscle toning. Its compact size and whisper quiet operation are also worth talking about — trainees will get to enjoy smooth workouts without sacrificing space!
Trainees will also get to choose from ten training programs which consist of six standard programs, two heart programs, and two custom programs. This simply means that you can achieve your unique fitness goals without switching machines and that’s huge.
It also has some other features including a Bluetooth connection which plays a role of tracking exercise data and syncing with mobile fitness apps, a tablet computer holder, personal cooling fans as well as a sound system that works great with iPods and other MP3 players. The Sole E35’s compatibility with an iPod or tablet computer is sure to keep trainees motivated throughout training sessions and help make exercise a regular habit. What’s more? Well, the workout programs can be saved to two user profiles! Now you and your friend or family member can work towards your fitness goals without getting bored down the road. Finally, the machine has five years warranty on electronic parts and two years on labor. All in all, The Sole E35 is the perfect elliptical for the home gym, and we recommend giving it a shot.
- 20-to-22-inch maximum stride length
- Adjustable pedals and console
- 30-pound flywheel
- Range of preprogrammed workout programs
- Supported by blue, backlit LDC display
- Sound system and water bottle holder
- Tablet computer holder
- Bluetooth connection
- Transport wheels
- MP3 players(port, speakers)
- It takes up a lot of space
back to menu ↑
Schwinn 430 Elliptical Review
- An excellent entry-level elliptical machine that features DualTrack LCD window that provides trainees with up to 13 different displays at once.
- A heavy-duty machine that has a weight limit of 350 pounds which happens to be higher than many competing brands.
The Schwinn 430 Elliptical is a great budget-friendly elliptical that provide trainees with a number of features that are sure to help them achieve their unique fitness goals. For starters, the machine has up to 20 resistance levels that are sure to provide trainees with the most effective workout possible. The Schwinn 430 comes with a ten-degree manual ramp that offers users up to six positions to choose from. Its 20-inch Precision Path Stride also provides users with a fat burning yet comfortable workout — you can be sure of getting the body of your dreams in no time.
The console of this machine also comes with 22 built-in programs coupled with two user settings — now, you can have a challenging workout without getting bored along the way. For the most part, the Schwinn 430 features a DualTrack LCD system that provides trainees with 13 different displays at one time. Trainees will also get to see real-time readouts of their workout metrics including distance, time and calories burned. Users can also sign up for SchwinnConnect or Fitness Pal to keep track of their progress.
Other features include a heart rate grip in handlebars, USB charging console, water bottle holder and cooling fans. Its weight limit is also a big plus — the machine is sure to work great for everyone who’s looking to get in shape and feel great. The Schwinn 430 Elliptical is an excellent value elliptical trainer for the home that’s sure to give you the best value for money. Easy-to-use features, sturdy design, affordable price point — what more could you ask for?
- 20 levels of resistance aligned with a high speed high inertia perimeter weighted flywheel
- 22 programs
- Powerful perimeter weighted flywheel
- Exceptionally quiet workout and smooth motion
- Dual track two LCD window system
- Charging USB port and data exchange
- Speeds to keep body temperatures cool
- Moving and static handlebars with hand pulse grips
- Takes time to install
- adjust the incline manually
back to menu ↑
ProForm Hybrid Trainer Review
- One of the best performing cheap ellipticals that come with excellent features that are sure to get the job done.
- Two in one machine — can be transformed from a recumbent bike to an elliptical trainer in three super easy steps.
The ProForm Hybrid Trainer is our top pick in the market of the best budget-friendly ellipticals that gets the job done. This elliptical is essentially two machines in one as it can be quickly transformed from a recumbent bike to a complete elliptical trainer in three super easy steps. The ProForm features 12.4 pounds flywheel, 16 resistance levels, 15-inch elliptical stride (not adjustable). Trainees will also get to choose from up to 16 built-in workout programs that include both manual and interval training. These features are great for a machine that’s priced under $500. Moreover, the device weighs only 116.8 pounds, and it has a silent operation thanks to the magnetic resistance.
This trainer comes with the basics including oversized adjustable pedals, adjustable seats as well as an LCD screen. It also features a new watts power meter which gives you an idea of pacing, and that’s huge. The thing is, this machine doesn’t come with built-in fans and speakers but you’ll still get to stream music thanks to its Bluetooth and iPod compatibility. It also has an extra wide tablet holder that’s sure to keep your device secure throughout your training session. The best part? The ProForm Hybrid Trainer Elliptical comes with a 5-year frame warranty as well as a 90-Day parts and labor warranty! This machine should be on top of the checklist of every beginner or intermediate trainee looking to get in shape without burning a hole in their wallet. Be sure to take the plunge if you’re in this league!
- 2-in-1 design： Can be used as an elliptical or recumbent bike
- Oversized 15-inch pedals with a textured platform to ensure security.
- 16 workout programs built-in
- Silent Magnetic Resistance: makes this trainer incredibly smooth and quiet
- Maximum User Weight Capacity: 350 lbs.
- Easy to move:Transportation wheels help you relocate the trainer easily
- Large LCD Display
- EKG Grip Pulse read your heartbeat rate with as accuracy as possible
- Water Bottle Holder
- Protected with a 5-Year frame Warranty
- Takes up a lot of space:, cannot be folded up to store away
- iFit connectivity requires you to install a separate app
back to menu ↑
Exerpeutic 1000Xl Elliptical Review
- One of the best budget-friendly and functional elliptical machine that provides dual-action workout to trainees.
- The machine has high weight capacity — it can handle a user weight of up to 300 pounds.
The Exerpeutic 1000Xl Heavy Duty Magnetic Elliptical a reasonably priced yet solidly built elliptical that weighs just 76 pounds, so it’s not going to take up much floor space in your home gym. Just as the name implies, the Exerpuetic 1000XI is made of heavy duty materials, and that’s exactly why it’s capable of accommodating up to 300 pounds of user weight. This trainer provides trainees with a dual action workout that tone and strengthens both the upper and lower body at the same time. For the most part, the machine comes with a 13″ footpath as well as eight levels of resistance — this might be lower than what you’ll find on other high-end devices, but it’s pretty okay for the price. The resistance of this machine is created with magnetic force upon a flywheel, which can be easily adjusted by turning a knob.
The machine also comes with an easy to read workout screen that displays distance, time, calories burned, speed and heart rate. The heart rate is monitored by pulse pads on stationary handlebars. The machine also has a quiet operation, and you won’t have to worry about slipping thanks to large ribbed pedals it comes with. The transportation wheels are also handy especially when you need to move the machine to a new location. The Exerpuetic 1000XI might not come with all the bells and whistles that are found on other higher priced machines, but it’s still ideal for the people who are looking to get in shape without burning a hole in their wallets.
- 300 pounds weight capacity: Good and sturdy build quality
- Adjustable resistance
- very easy to move around with transportation wheels
- provide a smooth and quiet operation
- Moving handlebars will provide a upper body workout to tone the whole body
- Natural elliptical motion for a stress free workouts
- more compact than other ellipticals, taking up less space.
- Display Console: A large LCD display workout data feedbacks
- Very basic monitor
- Needs frequent maintenance
YOU NEED TO KNOW BEFORE BUYING
Elliptical trainers are among the most popular exercising machines for fitness these days. Most homes and workout centers currently house these machines because they offer tons of health benefits. This article focuses on benefits of elliptical training for injured runners, individuals with knee pain, back pain, etc.
Following are some benefits of elliptical training:
Elliptical training is a weight-bearing exercise, hence it promotes cell growth in the spine as well as in the bones of the lower body. In this way, this training helps protect against the devastating effects of osteoporosis. This is a distinctive advantage that elliptical trainers have over many other exercise machines, including stationary bikes as well as rowing machines.
Elliptical trainers work the muscles of both of your upper and lower body and most models are specifically made for certain parts of the body. It is very beneficial because it results in a cardiovascular efficiency that is similar to what you gain by various other exercises. It also takes relatively short period of time.
Ideal for Injured Runners
As you may already know, elliptical training does not give too much stress on the joints because it offers low-impact workouts. Hence, it is ideal for injured runners who cannot afford to strain their bodies but would still like to have a decent workout routine. Furthermore, elliptical training does not wear out the heart unlike many other training machines. What this means is that you can continue performing light activities on an elliptical trainer for a long period of time and never get tired.
In conclusion, elliptical training offers a lot of benefits and is a better alternative to jogging or running in many scenarios. If you are an athlete and want to maintain your conditioning for a sport, then elliptical training can ensure that you are in good cardiovascular condition. And if you are a non-athlete and only want to lose a few pounds and stay fit without straining your muscles with intense workouts, then regular short and low-impact workout sessions on an elliptical trainer will help you achieve your goal.